The Nigeria House Project Committee was formed with the primary role of establishing a hospitality house during Nigeria’s Participation in major international Sporting events. It is for inter-personal relationship, propagation of socio-economic and political development of our nation before, during and after the Games. The hospitality house is to showcase our country’s rich cultural heritage in arts, craft, music, fashion, delicacies and tourism potentials as well as trade and investment opportunities.
The project is a Public Private Partnership concept. The Rio 2016 Olympic Games Nigeria House involves relevant Ministries, Nigeria Olympic Committee and the MOBAB Consult Limited. All the Federal, State Government Agencies and other stakeholders are in collaboration to brand and promote the image of the Country.
Among the mandate given to the Committee are but not limited to:
1. Overseeing the implementation of the Nigeria House henceforth.
2. Liaise with relevant government and private sector to encourage the exhibition of our rich natural and cultural resources in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
3. Identify and solicit for sponsors, locally and outside Nigeria to get participants and tourists for the Nigeria House activities
4. Organize an interactive session, launch or cocktail and social/Gala night with leading Nigeria Artistes, Active & Ex-international Athletes/players etc.
5. Make available relevant information like games tickets, event timing and venues specifically for Nigerian sports enthusiast and participants of the Nigeria House.
It is important to state that through inter-ministerial efforts and collaboration with the private sector, the country would effectively tap into the economic potentials of sports, this is why in drawing the membership of the Committee priority was given to the PPP arrangement. The Committee is made up of seasoned and tested hands from the various organizations that will drive the project. I am convinced that with their fertile minds and wealth of experience, they will attain lofty heights in this assignment.